|Fun With Karma
||[Jan. 13th, 2004|11:41 pm]
11 gigs of transfer later, and I was ready to go for a walk around the neighborhood tonight and try out my new toy, my beloved Rio Karma. 8:57 pm, stepped outside into the VERY cool Florida night air, threw it into RioDJ: Entertain Me! mode, and I was off. Tonight's music included:
Everclear: Most of the tracks off of "Songs From An American Movie Volume 1: Learning How To Smile"
Dave Matthews: Don't Drink The Water
Venus Hum: Soul Sloshing
Aretha Franklin/Blues Brothers: Think (Freedom)
Norah Jones: Don't Know Why
Blue: Kickass cover of Signed, Sealed, Delivered
The Art Of Noise: Backbeat
Greek Buck: Spunk (Theme Song to Queer As Folk)
Scar Tissue: Destination Unknown (cover of Missing Persons track)
Bon Jovi and Bob Geldof: I Don't Like Mondays
Aaron Carter: How I Beat Shaq (hey, we all have that guilty pleasure track, don't we?)
THINGS I LEARNED ON THE TOUR
1. 192WMA sounds better than 128 or 160 (duh)
2. Frosted glass doesn't keep people from being able to tell you're in the shower.
3. Lots of people leave their blinds and garage doors open after dark.
4. Scar Tissue's cover of "Destination Unknown" is too scary to listen to when walking through dark places.
5. When I used to walk with a portable cd player, I was always aware of the fact that I had it with me. The Karma pretty much sits there and lets me focus on the music and walking.
6. Rich people walk their dogs on poor people's lawns (and vice-versa).
7. My Sony MDR-G52 headphones are much better than I realized. Maybe they had to be broken in? Very happy with the sound quality.
8. If you haven't listened to your Karma a lot, don't throw it into Entertain Me! mode. You don't get a very good mix.
Got the main computer into storage today, in anticipation of the upcoming tiling of my parents house and my imminent departure for the tour. I had forgotten how much I like working with the laptop. Strangely, I think I type faster on it.....